Request a visit
We run a small education department to ensure our work remains relevant and accountable to young people and to children. We have a schools visit programme, though spaces are limited and where possible we like to speak to larger groups, or work with schools who have joined together for the event.
We also offer remote learning via Skype sessions, which are often the better solution for smaller groups, like individual classes studying a particular film or period of history in class where age rating information is relevant.
The sessions are usually a short Q&A with a member of our BBFC Education or Compliance team who can introduce our work and then answer any questions your pupils have about the age ratings, films they have seen, our decision making process and why we rate films.
Remote Skype sessions are often lively and a lot of fun, and allow children to engage with our work from the comfort of their classroom.
Here's how to book a Skype session -
- You will need access to Skype and be able to use it (we can discuss other videoconferencing equipment or softwear and see if we can be compatible equipment)
- Sessions can be booked between 10 and 3 pm on most days, although we are a working building and will sometimes have to suggest a more convenient time
- Like our visits, these sessions are free of charge. We will endeavour to honour all requests, as long as we have sufficient resources inhouse to do so
- To find out more, email us using the email address below (or telephone the BBFC and speak to our Education team on +44 (0)207 440 1570)
- Please offer a range of dates/times and book well in advance to ensure we can schedule your conference. Discuss at point of booking any specific requirements you have
- We will confirm the date and time by email.
Some schools have asked us to talk to their PTA or to teachers. This can also work extremely well.
In a typical visit a Compliance Officer would present to the pupils, including showing clips from recent and famous U and PG rated films and trailers, and then answer questions about our work. If relevant, we can talk about older decisions and how age ratings have changed over time.
As a not for profit organisation we don’t charge for visits, though we do welcome contributions towards travel and our costs if schools can afford it.
If you don’t have Skype facilities and wish to request a visit, please email us here requesting more information email@example.com. It is useful to have plenty of time for the session and also for teachers to give an idea of the scope of the talk. Ideally, we need plenty of notice – preferably a term. If we can, we will make the visit.
You can read our privacy statement here.